Monday, March 26, 2012

When Fandoms Collide

I am not a real Hunger Games fan (although I thought Mockingjay was brilliant) but I have enough Harry Potter pages clogging up my Facebook news feed that have spam-happy HG fans as admins to know a few things about the fandom.

One of these things is that while some people use the shipping name KatPee for Katniss/Peeta, others prefer 'PeeNiss'.

It's the internet. This was never not going to happen.

Anyway, I was rewatching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer recently, one Beer Bad, which is notorious as one of the worst BtVS episodes but I kind of absolutely love it. I don't really know why beyond that it makes me laugh.





Anyway. Early on in that episode, Buffy, Willow, and Xander are having a discussion about Parker, a boy who had a one-night-stand with Buffy that he failed to mention to her was a one-night-stand until the next day, when she found him chatting up another girl. Buffy's in the stage where she thinks she's in the wrong and that maybe she and Parker can make up; Willow is unconvinced.

Willow - "Buffy, that is my best friend, you need to think about not-Parker. He's no good. There are men, better men, wherein the mind is stronger than the penis."  
Xander - "Pffft--Nothing can defeat the penis! ... Too loud, very unseemly."

And the only thing I could think of was this:



So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment